UPDATE ON THE NEW PARK ENTRANCEWAY:
Look at the latest MARCH Photos
- Prepared stone base for new asphalt driveway
- Placed asphalt binder course along the new driveway from North Walnut to the old driveway bend and for the two new handicapped spots in the new parking lot
- Placed topsoil along the new driveway and seeded this area.
- Hydroseeded the new stormwater management berms
- Placed fine stone at the new porous paving parking lot.
- Placed fine stone at the new and old trails crossing the new driveway.
- Installed the new island concrete curb at the new entrance
Continue to use soccer field parking to enjoy the Park.
- Completion of the stone base in the new parking lot
- Completion of the stone base and drainage pipe at the new entrance
- Completion of the stormwater retention berms
All that remains is paving, installation of bollards, seeding and striping.
The first photo is of the new entrance on North Walnut Street looking toward Baltimore Pike. The second photo is of the new stormwater berm with erosion matting. In progress photos - New Park Entrance from early March 2017
Located on North Walnut Street, just off State Street, Anson B. Nixon Park is a hidden gem nestled just north of charming downtown Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. Comprised of 106 acres, the Park was carved out of the historic woodlands of the late 18th through early 20th century Chambers estate. This natural setting includes two ponds, meandering streams, woodlands including a beech grove with specimens dating back over 250 years, and three miles of walking trails.
Read our press release
Anson B. Nixon Park has many exciting events including the Trout Rodeo, the Kennett Run, disc golf tournaments, and a summer concert series. Other events open to the public include dance performances, plays, and nature programs. The park is open from dawn until dusk daily.