** UPDATE ** TROUT RODEO HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this year’s Trout Rodeo has been cancelled. We hope everyone remains safe and healthy during these unprecedented times and hope to continue our community programming soon.
** CORONAVIRUS UPDATES **
During this difficult time, we have made some adjustments as to how the park is to be used by the community. Please see our joint statement on park operations during the Covid-19 outbreak from the National Recreation and Park Association.
- We are not taking any reservations for now and have cancelled any existing reservations through April.
- We have cancelled all scheduled gatherings through April.
- Please continue to practice social distancing at the park (6 feet apart from each other is recommended)
- Please do NOT let your children on the playgrounds at this time as the virus can linger on surfaces for days!
- Basketball courts, volleyball courts, tennis courts are currently off limits at this time
- The dog park is still open and available for use
The Anson B. Nixon Park is owned and operated by the Kennett Area Park Authority (KAPA). The Park is located on 106 acres extending from the Borough of Kennett Square into Kennett Township. The Park is open sunrise to sunset daily and free to the general public. The Park offers a safe outdoor venue with facilities and seasonal programs to build community among the area’s diverse ethnic, social, age, and economic groups.