** CORONAVIRUS UPDATES **
Please see our joint statement on park operations during the Covid-19 outbreak from the National Recreation and Park Association. During this challenging time, some adjustments have been necessary to the ways we are doing things in the park, and for how we allow the park to be used by the community.
- Reservations are currently not available for the Pavilions or the Stage.
- For the safety of our staff, park visitors, and the greater community, the restrooms are currently closed. There are portable toilets located next to the main parking lot, and also by the soccer fields.
- Visitors to the park are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer, wear a mask, and maintain proper social distance (at least 6 feet) at all times. Please be mindful of those around you.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the park.
- When using the dog park, please keep your pets leashed while entering and exiting. Please clean up after your pet. Dog waste bags have been provided for your convenience.
Anson B. Nixon Park is owned and operated by the Kennett Area Park Authority (KAPA). The Park is located on 106 acres extending from the Borough of Kennett Square into Kennett Township. The Park is open sunrise to sunset daily and free to the general public. The Park offers a safe outdoor venue with facilities and seasonal programs to build community among the area’s diverse ethnic, social, age, and economic groups.