The Kennett Area Park Authority is hiring a Facilities Manager.
The Kennett Area Park Authority (KAPA) is seeking a full-time Facilities Manager, responsible for performing a variety of skilled routine maintenance and/or construction tasks within Anson B. Nixon Park. The person in this exempt role is primarily responsible for maintaining the park’s buildings, grounds and equipment, and ensuring that the facilities are functional, clean, safe, and presentable to the public. The employee in this position is classified as an essential employee and may be required to work when local municipal offices are officially closed due to inclement weather, natural disaster, other emergency situations, etc., beyond normal hours, and/or on weekend and/or holidays as required. The Facilities Manager will be responsible for mowing, trimming, mulching, trail maintenance, tree tending, invasive species control, pavilion upkeep, playground upkeep, trash removal, janitorial services, logistical management for special events including parking assistance, pavilion set-up for private events, and other assorted tasks and special projects as required by the volunteer board of KAPA. The qualified applicant will demonstrate an understanding of the safe operation of KAPA vehicles and equipment, mowers, and related power tools, and communicate effectively with board members, park visitors, and volunteers. Bilingual skills are preferred but not required. Strong candidates will also have a background in management with a skillset that lends itself to working independently, collaborating, with partner organizations, delegating tasks, and may provide supervisory oversight to 1 – 3 people. A low stress working environment in beautiful Anson B. Nixon Park is one of the best perks of this job, along with a flexible schedule, competitive salary, and benefits package.
- Perform grounds maintenance (mowing, weeding, trash pickup. mulching, planting trees and flowers, trail and footbridge maintenance and repair, etc.)
- Assist and/or lead general repairs and maintenance, as needed (e.g., electrical, plumbing, carpentry, assembly, painting, special event set-up, etc.)
- Operate KAPA equipment and vehicles (e.g., loader, tractor, mowers, small equipment, etc.
- Maintain supplies and parts
- Assist with maintenance and service (minor repairs) of equipment and vehicles in
- coordination with KAPA mechanic
- Perform maintenance and safety inspections of facilities
- Pesticide application
- Recordkeeping (e.g., time sheets, fuel log, monthly expense report)
- Snow removal
- Facility maintenance and repair (e.g., painting, repair or replacement of faulty
- equipment, etc.)
- Perform other duties, tasks, and manage special projects and events, as required
QUALIFICATIONS/PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Trade School Certification or equivalent experience in one or more of the
- following: horticulture, landscaping, groundskeeping, property management, turf
- grass management, or other related trades
- Current Pesticide Applicator Certification, or obtain within 6 months of
- Certification in both CPR and first aid training, or obtain within one year of hire
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Experience, working knowledge, and demonstrated competency to operate basic tools/equipment (e.g., hand-held power tools, lawn maintenance equipment, carpentry, plumbing, or electrical and fuel powered tools, vehicles, etc.) and materials
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate in a clear and appropriate manner
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work extended hours on weekends and during special events, as
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of two years in a building and/or grounds maintenance and/or one or more of the following: horticulture, landscaping, groundskeeping, property management, turf grass management, or other related trades
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills
- General understanding of specific events and programs pertaining to the
- General knowledge of KAPA mission, policies and procedures
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, the preferred candidate will have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Calendar, and internet search tools
Salary and Benefits:
- $49,600 – $59,600 annual salary
- Insurance Stipend
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – 10 days with advance notice and approval by executive committee
- Seasonally appropriate vacation and flextime
The Kennett Area Park Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KAPA offers a competitive benefit package for full time employees including an insurance stipend, flextime, paid time off (e.g., holidays, personal days, and sick days), and paid vacation.
This position requires completing documentation granting permission for the Kennett Area Park Authority to obtain a 3-year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A criminal background check is required.
A completed job application and/or résumé should be sent by USPS or emailed to KAPA:
PO Box 1121 Kennett Square, PA 19348
610-444-1416Anson B. Nixon Park is owned and operated by the Kennett Area Park Authority (KAPA), a local board formed to solely focus on the management of Anson B. Nixon Park. As an independent municipal authority, it is not affiliated with the Pennsylvania State Park system and does not receive any per capita tax based funding from the state, therefore relying on local support to fund all operations. The Park is located on 106 acres extending from the Borough of Kennett Square into Kennett Township. The Park is open sunrise to sunset daily and free to the general public. The Park offers a safe outdoor venue with facilities and seasonal programs to build community among the area’s diverse ethnic, social, age, and economic groups.Read More → General Information
- KAPA is accepting reservations for the park pavilions. For reservation inquiries, please complete the Reservation Request Form 2022 or send an email to AnsonBNixonPark@gmail.com.
- The restrooms are closed for the season, but there are portable toilets located in the main parking lot and at the “Tino” Leto Fields.
- There is no food or drink allowed on the stage.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the park.
- When using the dog park, please keep your pets leashed while entering and exiting. Please clean up after your pet. Dog waste bags have been provided for your convenience.